Perl...what environment(s) is it available in?  My usual coding platforms are
z/OS (specifically TSO) and Windows, mostly MS Office.

I don't actually know PowerShell; I've been exposed to it, see that it's very
powerful for some purposes, and have modified PS scripts in minor ways.  In
other words my facility with PS is very much like younger mainframers' with
JCL.  But since I'm supposed to be a security jock, and sometimes have reason
to extract data from AD to compare with RACF/TSS/ACF2, I see that really
learning PS would be a good thing.

As I've probably said here before, I lusted after ooRexx from the first day I
heard about it, but at first couldn't see where I'd actually use it; I can't
hand ooRexx code to clients, unless they already use it (and no one does).  I
finally broke down and got myself a copy for a small
plain-text-to-formatted-PDF conversion I did for an error manual; I tried
converting the plain text to formatted RTF using VBA, but gave it up as a bad
job and did it in ooRexx, after taking a few days off to learn what I don't
know.  (There's a lot more to it than I expected.)  Now I use it for automation
on my own machine, but that’s all.

Ruby -- no, never have.  Again, what environment(s) is it available on?

---

/* When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food
and clothes.  -Erasmus */