From: Pommier, Rex
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2024 10:02 AM
To: 'IBM Mainframe Discussion List' <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: security fun with z/OSMF install - can't get there

Hi Michael,

I'm not following you on this one.  SANs?  In my vocabulary SAN is storage and
we don't run a SAN for our mainframe disk.  Direct attach, 2 LPARs on the same
physical CEC, 1 DS8910F storage direct attached, and shared chpids for both the
disk and OSA.

I did find this - which I didn't see yesterday that is probably my problem but
I can't see what I need to change to fix it:

CWWKO0221E: TCP Channel defaultHttpEndpoint-ssl initialization did not succeed.

   The socket bind did not succeed for host * and port 443.  The port might
already be in use.
   Exception Message: EDC5111I Permission denied. (errno2=0x744C7246)

I do a netstat on port 443 and get this:

D TCPIP,TCPIP,NETSTAT,ALLCON,PORT=443
EZZ2500I NETSTAT CS V2R4 TCPIP 496
USER ID  CONN     LOCAL SOCKET           FOREIGN SOCKET         STATE
0 OF 0 RECORDS DISPLAYED
END OF THE REPORT

Over on the production LPAR I see that IZUSVR1 is bound to port 443.

Within the z/OSMF active config file I see this on the non-working one:
IZU_APPSERVER_HOSTNAME=TSTJES2.MNLIFE.COM
IZU_JWKS_HOSTNAME=TSTJES2.MNLIFE.COM
IZU_HTTP_SSL_PORT=443
IZU_HTTP_PORT=-1

TCPIP.DATA has my HOSTNAME TSTJES2 and both TSTJES2 and TSTJES2.MNLIFE.COM both
correctly resolve to the test LPAR IP address.

Over on the working one I do the same netstat and see the bind:

D TCPIP,TCPIP,NETSTAT,ALLCON,PORT=443
EZZ2500I NETSTAT CS V2R4 TCPIP 600
USER ID  CONN     LOCAL SOCKET           FOREIGN SOCKET         STATE
IZUSVR1  0004A344 172.16.128.14..443     10.53.240.151..34554   ESTBLSH
IZUSVR1  000492CB 0.0.0.0..443           0.0.0.0..0             LISTEN
2 OF 2 RECORDS DISPLAYED
END OF THE REPORT

In active config:
IZU_APPSERVER_HOSTNAME=MVSJES2.MNLIFE.COM
IZU_JWKS_HOSTNAME=MVSJES2.MNLIFE.COM
IZU_HTTP_SSL_PORT=443
IZU_HTTP_PORT=-1

TCPIP.DATA on working one has HOSTNAME MVSJES2 and everything resolves
correctly.

Thoughts/ideas?

I'm chasing a couple other links people sent me.

Rex