You can still fall back to DASD SMF logs in the event something goes wrong
with log streams.

Also ensure AUTODELETE(YES) and RETPD are reviewed for removing old data.

Ensure automation is archiving correctly.

Larger Log streams?

There is a 2010 Share presentation on log streams for SMF. Google it.

Wayne V. Bickerdike