From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Keith Gooding
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2024 1:02 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: zOS and z16

!-------------------------------------------------------------------|
  This message came from outside your organisation
  Be cautious! Do not click links, supply credentials, open
  attachments, or perform any requested actions unless you recognise
  the sender and know the content is safe.
|-------------------------------------------------------------------!

It may also depend on whether you have any new OSA or FICON cards which are not
supported by z/os 2.1. For instance the Z16 does not support the 8 Gb FICON
cards which could be carried forward to z14 and the new ones are 32Gb and PTFs
are required for these . Under z/Vm it may depend on whether the disks are
dedicated so that z/os needs to understand the interface or whether they are
full-pack mini disks driven by z/vm.

I am interested to know but I have assumed that 2.1 will not work and have
upgraded the sole 2.1 lpar to 2.3.

Keith