On Tue, 7 May 2024 at 01:45, Beate Kawelke <beate.kawe...@t-systems.com>
wrote:

> You could try to directly change the dispatching priority of a TCB with
> CHAP:
> https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=hsp-chap-change-dispatching-priority
>
> My understanding is that after changing the dispatching priority for your
> task, the dispatcher will get control and (if you downgraded your TCB's
> priority) select another task to be run.
>
> Caveat: I don't know enough of the inner workings of z/OS, maybe IBM can
> shed some light here...

What about CALLDISP ? As the name suggests, it calls the dispatcher, which
will presumably decide what eligible task should run next. That could well
be the issuer of CALLDISP, but I'd think more likely some other ready TCB
at the same or higher priority.

But as you say,  without a good understanding of the algorithms it's not
much help.

Tony H.