From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin <0000042bfe9c879d-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2024 9:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: DFSORT newline

in <https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/3.1.0?topic=statement-regular-expressions>,
I read:
    .   The period symbol matches any one character except the terminal newline
character.

So how may the programmer match a newline character?
I I read in an apparently related publication,
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/3.1.0?topic=functions-regcomp-compile-regular-expression>,
    $
    The dollar symbol matches the end of the string. (Use \n to match a newline
character.)

Does "\n" work alike for DFSORT?

What is the code point for the newline character?  It doesn't appear
in Appendix D, Table 109 where it should be because it's mentioned
elsewhere in the Guide.

(I'm guessing it's x'15', but the reader shouldn't need to guess.)

Thanks,
gil