Hello All,

Way back in the day I used to read dumps fairly handily in the MVS/XA era.  But
have been away for so long I know things have evolved but appears everything is
basically still intact relative to ASCB to PRB relationships.  I'm working on a
hang/loop condition that prevents started task from being stopped normally (P
STC) and have taken SVC dump and want to interpret it.  I'm somewhat fluent
with IPCS and can bring up via panels, but from there am struggling with where
to go to identify where the hang/loop condition is happening.

Any shares of doc, presentations, tips, etc. are much appreciated as I still
think this is one of the lost arts that in the end to be a top notch systems
programmer you need to be able to interpret.  I know IBM used to teach whole
classes on this but believe much of that has gone way of dodo bird...

Thanks in advance.

Steve Estle