json,

You can process the unload file if you know the record format. This, the
record format, depends on the utility used to perform the unload. Once you
have it, map the segment name to segment layout from the copybook. If you
have easyTrieve installed, you can convert the copybooks to offset based
with the correct length. This will help you process the file using
languages such as rexx and easytrieve.

As per the multiple layouts of the ims segment, use the logic in the
program to determine the layout field dependency. Each copybook must be
converted to a different table.
I would convert the file to a sql database insert calls using rexx or
easytrieve anit to load the sql server tables directly without the need to
go via Db2 first.

HTH

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring
for z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM coming soon  *