Hello All,

I looked back at history of DFSORT questions / answers and didn't see anything
that quite matched up on this.

My question is the following - I have a sharp App Developer I work with who is
very good with SAS but can't quite get SAS to do what he wants - long story.
In a nutshell he has a very large input file (~500K records) that are in fixed
length format / fixed position format that he wants to extract select fields
from the input records and then the output records will be written in CSV
format.  Some of the fields are variable length in size but he knows max length
of each of the fields.  He is interested in using DFSORT ICETOOL if possible,
but he and I do not see anything in DFSORT App Guide that allows you to strip
off extraneous blanks (TRIM function?) at the end of these input fields before
it is packed into the output CSV file.

Is this doable in DFSORT?  If so, can help point me to some examples /
suggested reading / command statements?

Thanks,
Steve Estle