On Fri, 21 Jun 2024 15:26:16 -0400, Bob Bridges wrote:

>I was going to explain, in addition, that I did check on the ID's OMVS
>segment, and instead it dawned on me that I hadn't checked for a valid default
>group.  The ID had no GID, that's all.  It does now, and the problem went
>away, or at least I can now connect manually so I assume the script will work
>too.  Sorry, all.

Rather, thanks for sharing.  The information might be useful to others.

Was the behavior well-documented in Release Notes, Reference manual,
and M&C?

Did it likewise affect FTP LOCALHOST from a TSO session?

Did it also affect ssh and TSO OMVS?

The message:
    530 PASS command failed

would be more useful as:
    530 PASS command failed:  no valid OMVS segment

although that contravenes the dictum, prevalent in Open Systems,
"Do not provide a possible user abundant information about a
security violation which might facilitate developing a circumvention."

--
gil