My site requested cables for x meters, the company won the bid based
on x feet, won the bid because it was half the cost..  After
delivering the x feet cables, they had to make the x meters cable. (1
inch is defined as 25.4 mm, so 39.37 inches, 3.3 feet, 1.1 yards).

On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 11:28 AM Tom Brennan <t...@tombrennansoftware.com>
wrote:

> And don't do like I did a few years ago :)  A co-worker ordered four
> 3-meter FICON cables for CTC connections from one card to another on the
> same machine.  Since I'm American I don't really know how long a meter
> is so I said "sure".  When I went on site, a couple of cables had to run
> from one side of the z13s to the other, and they barely made it by going
> under the frame - but still above the raised floor.  A bit tacky.
>
> On 6/21/2024 11:44 PM, Brian Westerman wrote:
> > Ficon adapters and basic sysplex are far cheaper than MIM.  Also, with MIM,
> > PDSe sharing is still not completely correct.  At least not as of 2023.
> >
> > Brian

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA