From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jousma, David
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2024 11:19 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] CTN's and auto DST changes

All,

I have a question in to IBM, but they are slower than molasses in responding.
Since implementing GDPS, we have 50+ images to manage.   Historically, because
of application dependencies, we've managed the change to DST manually with SET
TIMEZONE commands.   Now that we have a lot of K systems, etc, I'd like to have
the majority of lpars set spring forward/back automatically for all lpars that
can, and just manually control those that still have the application
limitation(it uses local time, not UTC).

Its not clear to me how to have a mix of both when creating CTN's on the HMC?
Or maybe there is nothing to set there, except the correct time zone, and its
just a matter of updating CLOCK00 to remove the TIMEZONE, and set STPZONE YES?

Just trying to get some feedback from those that have done it.  Don't want to
mess up the timing network in my environment....

Thanks, Dave

Dave Jousma
Vice President | Director, Technology Engineering

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.