Try running tso in batch.  Something like below:

//JOBLIB  DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=db2hlq.SDSNLOAD
//STEP1   EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,DYNAMNBR=20
//SYSTSPRT DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSUDUMP DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN  DD
  - DSN SYSTEM(ssid)
 - CREATE STOGROUP CHELGRP
   VOLUME VPWRKD
   VCAT   CHELCAT
Perry Mayes
Sent from hand held device

>>> Graham Hobbs <gho...@cdpwise.net> 26/05/2013 4:44:26 PM >>>
Hi Lizette,

Oiyoiyoi .. I meant DSNUTILB and DSNUPROC .. so sorry:-((.

I sort of imagined that all the CICS and DB2 folk were here so didn't
bother with CICS and DB2 groups. I do have a newsgroup list but it would
have been interesting to see what other mainframe groups are useful
except I couldn't read yours with Notepad or SPFPC60:-(.

Yesterday I got my first CICS transaction working on Dallas's z/OS
CICSTS42. It's accesses a VSAM KSDS file (built via IDCAMS). My next
transaction is similiar but will access a DB2 table. Via reading it
seems there are a) and b) preparatory one time steps to perform:

a) create a stogroup
b) create a database within the stogroup
c) thereafter my software will add small tables to the database to be
accessed by my CICS pgms.

Thus the questions about using DSNUTILB or DSNUPROC for at least a) and
b) above and which is best? .. and hopefully c).

I have plunged in with both and failed miserably. My JCL knowledge used
to be strong for batch prod jobstreams but dealing with these
'specialities' ten years later is a struggle. My baby start JCL is:

//AU1      JOB (CONRAD),'GH', etc
//* STOGROUP CREATE
//DSNUPROC EXEC PGM=DSNUPROC,REGION=0M
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=DSNA10.PROCLIB
//SYSIN    DD *
   CREATE STOGROUP CHELGRP
   VOLUME VPWRKD
   VCAT   CHELCAT
//

.. delivering ..

IEW4007I FIND FOR MODULE DSNUPROC FAILED BECAUSE DIRECTORY ENTRY IS NOT
VALID FOR A LOAD MODULE.
CSV003I REQUESTED MODULE DSNUPROC NOT FOUND
CSV028I ABEND806-04  JOBNAME=AU1       STEPNAME=DSNUPROC

.. checked IEW4007I but both the steplib and proc exist .. yuk.

Next, with the same JCL, will be
   CREATE DATABASE CHELBAS1
   STOGROUP CHELGRP
   CCSID EBCDIC