First, something "bad" happened somewhere and very likely left some forensic
evidence.  Then EXCP's recovery routines were invoked and decided to classify
the error as an S800-4 ABEND.  Then maybe a dump was produced.  I suggest you
look at the System Trace that is in your SYSUDUMP (you do have one, right?),
find the SVC 13 (base 10) that was issued that resulted in the S800-4 error
message and dump, then work backwards in the system trace looking for previous
entries that are (1) from the same address space as yours and (2) have an "*"
in a column that is almost always blank.  That "*" indicates that something
most unusual happened as part of that entry.  Then try to analyze that error
rather than the S800-4 situation .

Another possible approach is to find the SDWA and/or RTM2WA control blocks in
your SYSUDUMP and look for fields in those control blocks whose DSECT
descriptions say something like "earliest error", "original error", or some
words like that.  Those kinds of fields will probably correspond to that system
trace entry with the "*" in it.  If you can't find fields like that quickly in
the SDWA or RTM2WA, then look at each field in both control blocks, read the
DSECT description for that field, and think about what the description says -
is that field associated with the original error or with something that
happened much later in the recovery/termination process?  There are hundreds of
fields.  It takes time and determination.  Usually there is forensic evidence
somewhere, just like on television.

Another possible source of early forensic evidence is software records in
SYS1.LOGREC.

Also look for an EXCP Debugging Area, pointed to by the TCB that was ABENDed.
If you can find that, you may have a PSW and registers at the instant that the
original error occurred.  You may have to ask for help in finding a DSECT of
the EXCP Debugging Area, however.  I used to know where that one is documented,
but I haven't needed to use it in  lots of decades, so I don't remember now.

Bill Fairchild
Franklin, TN