Mark Jacobs wrote:

>Logical copy without a replace.

>The newly allocated SYSZFS dataset gets assigned the correct storage and
>management class, but the data class assigned isn't from the ACS routine, but
>from the source dataset.

>I know the SMS routines are working since a regular allocation of a SYSZFS
>dataset in JCL assigns all the expected attributes.

Thanks. I had to RTFM and check my old DFDSS jobs, but I think this part from
DFSMSdfp Storage Administration applies:

"For the COPY command (&ACSENVIR='ALLOC') and the RESTORE command
(&ACSENVIR='RECOVER'), the storage class ACS routine is executed first. If the
storage class is not null, the management class ACS routine and then the
storage group ACS routine are executed."

Seemed nothing is said about data class... UnlessI miss something...

Look at O'Brien, David W. reply too.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht