Open and close are not z/OS or JES2 commands.  (Are they JES3?)  In any
event, since they are issued by the batch programs they would not be
affected by the command=verify setting.

Since command=verify is "merely" an auditor recommendation, it is up to
management to either accept the current "risk" and not implement the
recommended setting or direct your staff to develop new procedures that will
work with the new setting.