If you used a real language like SAS that knows those formats it's as simple as
INPUT SMF70INT RMFDUR4.;

If you can figure out how to separate the MM SS and TTT in whatever language
you are coding in,
the duration in seconds would be MM*60 + SS + TTT/1000;

Herbert W. “Barry” Merrill, PhD
President-Programmer
MXG Software
Merrill Consultants
10717 Cromwell Drive
Dallas, TX 75229
ba...@mxg.com

http://www.mxg.com - FAQ has Most Answers
ad...@mxg.com      – invoices/PO/Payment
supp...@mxg.com    – technical
tel: 214 351 1966  - expect slow reply, use email
fax: 214 350 3694  – prefer email, still works

Barry