From:   "Hansen, Dave L - Eagan, MN" <dave.l.han...@usps.gov>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   06/17/2013 12:21
Subject:        Batch TSO COPY?
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

Dear Group,

   From my '=6' (Enter TSO or Workstation commands ) I enter COPY.  It
comes back and says "ENTER 'FROM' DATA SET NAME -".  If I follow the
prompts it will copy a PDS member for me.  I thought this was TSO doing
this.  But I found no TSO COPY command.

  Q).  Who's COPY program am I running when TSO responds with the dataset
prompt?

   I ran a batch job:
//STEP1 EXEC PGM=IKJEFT1A,DYNAMNBR=300
//* SPROC DD DSN=SYS1.LPALIB,DISP=SHR
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=R
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=R
//SYSTSIN  DD *
COPY FROM 'PMSBDH.LIB.DOC(XESPRTRS)' TO 'VPS.WORKSPC(XESPRTRS)'
/*
//

When I run my batch job I don't see COPY executing.  I don't see much for
error messages.

      Many thanks in advance,  Dave