From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Darby, Jim
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:42 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Need to move some DASD volumes that have system logger datasets on them

Have a DASD box that is being retired and I have some volumes on it that have
datasets allocated to the sysplex logger task.  I need some way of removing the
dataset from the logger task to I can DFDSS volume copy the  devices to the
replacement box keeping the dataset and volser the same.

Any ideas on how to get logger to give up the datasets for a short period?

Thanks.
Jim