> Finding -09 (when it came out) was harder than I expected it to be, and
> harder than I think it should be.

And still is!

The "z/OS V1R13.0 Elements and Features" web page still refers to dz9zr008.pdf,
aka SA22-7832-08.

And, that's another thing, are "dz9zr009.pdf" and "SA22-7832-09.pdf" aliases
(alternate names) of the exact same file?
Or, if not, what is the likelihood of not picking up the latest, current
version?

RedBooks, while conveniently using a file naming standard that reflects the
external document number, do not usually include the level number.  You have to
open the pdf to see which one you actually got.

===