>I'm basing everything  I'm doing on the Principles of Operations manual
>(POM). The Z/Architecture is the final authority for any program even
MVS.

An interesting opinion. But I'd say "not overly relevant". Sure, you can
consider the Principles of Operation to be the final authority for what
the machine does. That document does not in any way define what the
operating system supports. And when you do something not supported by the
operating system, it is your risk to bear, if the operating system has
chosen not to enforce other than by documentation (even lack of "we
support it" documentation).

Suppose, for example, you use "Wait" via SVC from an RMODE 64 routine. You
might get into Wait just fine (although at this point the SVC FLIH would
reject it, I believe, except for the abend SVC). But Wait does stuff based
on the invoker's address and Wait is not cognizant of an address above 2G.

There are other more subtle things that could come into play even for a
PC-entered service that are related to the caller's address.
You are betting that none of them happen or come into play, without having
much way of validating if that is or is not true. Those might be
functional things, or diagnostic things.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design