From:   "Alan Field" <alan_c_fi...@bluecrossmn.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   07/19/2013 14:10
Subject:        NFS automount help requested
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

I have an NFS Server task running on LPAR A.

I export a directory /u/cics/wsbinds.

On LPAR B I can issue a mount for this directory using

MOUNT FILESYSTEM(wsbinds)              +
      TYPE(NFS)                        +
      MOUNTPOINT('/u/cics/wsbinds')    +
      MODE(RDWR)                       +
      parm('mvssysa:/u/cics/wsbinds')

 and access the files within.

But I really want this to be automounted on LPAR B.

On LPAR B I have a /u/cics/wsbinds defined.

I update my u.map file with

name          cics/wsbinds
type          NFS
mode          RDWR
filesystem    wsbinds
parm          "mvssysa:/u/cics/wsbinds"
duration      nolimit

and restart automount.

No matter what I try I cannot get this to automount.

Given the MOUNT command works I suspect I have some confusion over the
u.map definitions but hours of googling haven't resulted in anything
useful.