From:         "Grinsell, Don" <dgrins...@mt.gov>
Sender:       IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Date:         Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:54:10
To: <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Blame the COBOL, how cliché

Hmm.  In 1988 my military pay got messed up and it took more than a year and
several letters to my congressman before it finally got resolved.  It's not the
COBOL that's at issue; it's the incompatible systems, multiple layers of
bureaucracy and mostly the automated actions that occur without any human
intervention or review.  I truly feel for this guy and the others in his shoes.

--

Donald Grinsell
State of Montana

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time, and
loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
~ Mark Twain