On Sat, 3 Aug 2013 10:17:42 +1000, Wayne Bickerdike wrote:

>Aww, it was getting interesting. Not been the same since the days of
>Ali and Frazier.
>
>Personally, I wish C had never seen the light of day and PL/I had the
>place of COBOL.

The entry path problem:  If I could get a PL/I compiler for the same
price for which I have a C compiler (or is there one; have I not looked
far enough?), and if the variety of FOSS available for C were likewise
available for PL/I (Or have I not looked in the right places?), I'd be
more inclined to experiment with PL/I.

-- gil