From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Charles Mills
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 6:51 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: REXX exec, To compile or not to compile

Yes, but modest.

Others have pointed out the issue of external calls. I would also point out the
issue of "potential gain." If the Rexx exec currently takes .1 seconds to run,
exactly how much are you likely to gain from compiling it?

Also note that unlike what your expectations may be, compiled Rexx code
requires a separately-licensed run-time library. It will run without it, but it
runs in interpreted mode, so there is ZERO gain no matter what the code is like.

Charles