On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 06:59:36 -0500, John McKown wrote:

>Wife: Go to the store and buy a quart of milk. If they have avocados, get
>six.
>Husband: OK
>Husband comes back with 6 quarts of milk
>Wife: What? Why did you get 6 quarts of milk?
>Husband: They had avocados.
>
>Obviously the husband is a systems programmer. And the wife is an end user.

I believe it was Phil Payne who once told the story of being given an
assignment:

    Promote all employees in pay grade A to pay grade B.  Then promote
    all employees in pay grade B to pay grade C.

He did as instructed.

And this may have have been reported here, or it may be urban legend:
A shop set a task scheduled, at 0159 on a certain Sunday in Fall, to reset
the localtime to 0059.  Employees were astonished to come to work at
0730 on Monday and find the system reporting the time as 0130 on
Sunday.  (If the coding is correctly designed, there is no such thing as
a semiannual "time change".)

>As of next week, passwords will be entered in Morse code.

Case-sensitive?

-- gil