From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Klan, Rob (RET-DAY)
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:30 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: REXX and CLISTs to generate code to delete empty GDG bases

The answer "LISTCAT LEVEL('hlq') GDG NAME" does supply GDG names

However question was for "empty GDG" which I assume to mean no generations.

Changing to "LISTCAT LEVEL('hlq'') VOLUME' will return the associations or
NULL if no generations exists.

Such as

GDG BASE ------ MY.GDG.BASE.A
     ASSOCIATIONS--------(NULL)

GDG BASE ------ MY.GDG.BASE.B
     ASSOCIATIONS
       NONVSAM--MY.GDG.BASE.B.G0001V00

Maybe other better ways to list,  but I am  IDCAMS fan.

Rob