Hi Robin,

When debugging via CDF, XDC is actually running in the batch job, not in the TSO session. Consequently, you need to add a JCL card to the batch job pointing to your profile library. The ddname can be either //XDCPROF or //ISPPROF. (It doesn't matter which.) The library pointed to can be any FB-80 PDS[E], and the allocation should be DISP=SHR.

The profile library you use with the batch job can even be the same library as is allocated to ISPPROF in your TSO session, provided that the allocation in TSO is with DISP=SHR. (The risk of corruption is slight.)

You may also want to add //XDCTLIB pointing to the TLIB into which your z/XDC installer placed the default profiles (from DBCOLE.XDCZ1D.XDCTLIB).

IHTH,
Dave Cole
ColeSoft Marketing
414 Third Street, NE