From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Ed Jaffe
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 11:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Health Checker Eating My DASD

I have the following log stream defined:

LOGSTREAM NAME(HZS.HEALTH.CHECKER.HISTORY) STRUCTNAME(HZS_HEALTHCHKLOG)
LS_DATACLAS(LOGSTRM)
           LS_MGMTCLAS(NOMIG) LS_STORCLAS(BASE) HLQ(IXGLOGR) MODEL(NO)
LS_SIZE(4096)
           STG_MGMTCLAS() STG_STORCLAS() STG_DATACLAS() STG_SIZE(0)
           LOWOFFLOAD(0) HIGHOFFLOAD(80) STG_DUPLEX(NO) DUPLEXMODE()
           RMNAME() DESCRIPTION(HEALTH_CHECK_RPT) RETPD(2)
AUTODELETE(YES) OFFLOADRECALL(YES)
           DASDONLY(NO) DIAG(NO) LOGGERDUPLEX() EHLQ(NO_EHLQ) GROUP()

I assumed that RETPD(2) and AUTODELETE(YES) would keep the number of health
checker data sets to a minimum, but there is a space explosion of literally
thousands of IXGLOGR.HZS.** data sets--with the oldest of them allocated last
year:

DATA ---------- IXGLOGR.HZS.HEALTH.CHECKER.ACOZFHAW
      IN-CAT --- CATALOG.MCATA.PHXHQ
      HISTORY