From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jonathan Miller
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:19 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: DFSMShsm and backing up ZFS files

Hi,  I am trying to have DFSMShsm backup our ZFS files during AUTOBACKUPSTART
time period.  I followed the directions in the manual and made sure the Default
Group had a GID and the Started Task user id also has a UID (0) and a directory
of '/'  (root).  The files still aren't backing up.  We are on zos 1.12 and I
also changed the INCREMENTALBACKUP to ORIGINAL to pick these up since they
didn't already have a backup.  Has anyone implemented this and does it work?  I
can't figure out what I'm missing or why they aren't backing up.  The HFS files
show up as being queised and then get backed up.  Thanks Joanthan Miller

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.