Sorry, long day - I forgot you said this was a dynamic allocation, which
is what made me thing about going back to NaviQuest in the 1st place.

my bad -
ddk

/////////////////////////

But that's the beauty of NaviQuest - you can set up your test case, test
it against your 'live' code changing values until your results match what
you're seeing.  Then you can run that test case against new code to see
what it does with the data.

As to not knowing what is being presented to the routines,  you can add
variables to your WRITE statement to tell you exactly what SMS sees.

In the case I was working on yesterday, my test dataset was falling out of

the code a long way from where I thought it was supposed to & I couldn't
see why.   So I updated to WRITE statement where it was falling out of the

code and added a dozen different variables to the WRITE - specifically I
wanted to see the variable I was testing for in the earlier segment.   I
was testing for the RACF defaults security is supposed to set up when they

define a new user ID - my displays showed me that for this ID that had not

happened.   There was actually nothing wrong with the code - it was in how

the ID was set up -

I've been doing this a lot of years and haven't found an instance yet that

I couldn't debug using WRITE statements and the right combinations of
WRITE Variables.

HTH's.
ddk