 From: Doug Henry <doug_he...@usbank.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: Allocation test

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:50:22 -0400, Gerhard Postpischil <gerh...@valley.net>
wrote:

>On 9/19/2013 1:17 PM, Doug Henry wrote:
>> Obviously Barbara intentionally didn't request any directory blocks.
>> I would expect and I am sure she did also that would produce a JCL
>> error.
>
>>In any case, IBM should be persuaded to either produce a JCL error or
>modify the directory build to write an EOF.

I thought it would work as described in SC26-7410-1 DFSMS Using Data Sets :

Allocating Space for a PDS
To allocate a PDS, specify PDS in the DSNTYPE parameter and the number of
directory blocks in the SPACE parameter, in either the JCL or the data class.
You
must specify the number of the directory blocks, or the allocation fails.

Doug