How about adding a VSAM keyword that after reading the VTOC, looks up
the VSAM CLUSTER and migrates the entire VSAM SPHERE too?  Yes, it is
slower, but doing each dataset is even slower.

Any way of doing something with 0 track or invalid datasets?  I.E,
reallocating them on another volume then deleting the old dataset?

I think the ongoing example is a MANAGEMENT CLASS instead of a whole
storage group.
Of course, the STORAGEGROUP option would be great if limited to
DISABLED storage groups or DISABLED volumes within that group,
skipping any volume or storage group that is ENABLED.

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA