The very cynical would say it's about "We have computers and software to
sell you, some of which can arguably be made to sound like it's Big
Data-related".

The slightly less cynical would say "It's about IBM's Big Data on z
offerings".

The realistic (where that differs from the cynical--let's not go *there*)
would say "It's the same old, same old".

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Ed Gould <edgould1...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I got this email in and was wondering if anyone had an insight what it
> might be about...
>
> Every day, we create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data—so much that 90% of the
> data in the world today has been created in the last two years alone. This
> data comes from everywhere: sensors are used to gather climate information,
> medical information, digital pictures, to purchase transaction records, and
> to process cell phone transactions, just to name a few. All this data must
> be provided in a cloud environment, on mobile devices—really anytime,
> anywhere.
> Listen to Ray Jones, IBM Vice President System z Software Sales, discuss
> how IBM's new announcements create the perfect environment for managing
> this explosion of data. Hear how customers have used System z solutions and
> the value they realized with the use of System z.
>

> ANyone?
>
> Ed

zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"