Clifford McNeill wrote:
Anybody else experiencing failures with STP/ETR dialout to NIST ACTS?

http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/acts.cfm
<snip>

IBM Product Engineering tested NIST ACTS, and I'm told they verified in the lab that the NIST dial-up time server is still operating correctly and available to provide time through an HMC modem interface. From our end, though, there isn't much we can do if it were not working, because they are external to our systems. As others have posted, you can also use alternatives such as the Canadian NRC dial-up time service (CTS) or the Italian dial-up time service (CTD).

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing