Likewise. He lives a few miles across town and I usually run into him/family at
supermarket or hardware store but haven't crossed paths since early summer.
Last we spoke he was enjoying his work and still teaching the Freshman Computer
based honors
class.

L-soft maint. is similar to MVS(to me anyway) in that they take bug reports and
try to incorporate in next revision or release as appropriate. There's lots of
knobs and switches on this big Internet machine. There are also budgetary
constraints on upgrades and support efforts. Not making excuses, just the
facts. Was once denied MVS upgrade
(4.3 <-> 5.2) for the $48/month license charge. Maybe we should raise the
subscription fee<vbg>....

In a message dated 10/07/13 10:37:08 Central Daylight Time, charl...@mcn.org