We have some job steps that use ICETOOL to copy 50 DASD or VTAPE
datasets to two VTAPE datasets.  We have not been able to convince the
owner of the job to add DEFER to the allocation.  So when a couple of
these jobs run at the same time, we run out of our 512 VTAPE drives.
Holds up other jobs, or HSM Migrate / Recalls until the step ends and
releases the drives.  I am hoping we can get these tapes drives down
to just those actually being used at one moment (assuming ICETOOL does
one file at a time instead of simultaneous coping of multiple files).

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA