http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r13/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.zos.r13.idak100%2Fsmsr13.htm

2. Allowing larger data set sizes: In z/OS V1R13, SMS expands the size
limit for data sets it supports. The new size limit is X'7FFFFFFF'
megabytes or higher, which is greater than 2500 million cylinders. The
SMS changes are essentially transparent to end user. Message IGD17351I
is issued when the converted space in MBs exceeds the limit imposed by
other components. For DD or dynamic defined VSAM data sets, SMS issues
IGD17351I when the converted space in megabytes exceeds X'FFFFFF'.

Use extended format dataset, allow extents onto additional volumes.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Richard Pinion <rpin...@netscape.com> wrote:
> z/OS 1.13, I am getting the following error when I issue an OGET with the
> output data set being new.
>
>  OGET '/work/shopzseries'   'LDARP1.SHOPZ.ZOS'
>
> IKJ56893I DATA SET LDARP1.SHOPZ.ZOS NOT ALLOCATED+
> IGD17351I SPACE REQUESTED IS TOO LARGE. ALLOCATION FAILED FOR DATA SET
> LDARP1.SHOPZ.ZOS
> IGD17409I FAILURE OCCURRED IN DATA SET PROPERTIES MERGE WHILE ATTEMPTING TO
> DEFINE DATA SET LDARP1.SHOPZ.ZOS

> Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA