On 11/4/2013 8:59 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:21:38 -0700, Steve Comstock wrote:

To do that has nothing to do with COBOL: it's JCL you need to
brush up on. Point LKED.SYSLMOD to a PDS/PDSE that contains
load modules or program objects.

Be very careful doing that!  When I was very young I tried something
similar without understanding that the following GO step contained:

     //STEPLIB DD DISP=(OLD,DELETE),DSN=*.LKED.SYSLMOD

Oops!

-- gil

Yeah, I did something similar once. State of New Mexico was down
for two days.

But the point is that the OP really needs to beef up his understanding
of JCL as well as his knowledge of COBOL if he is teaching for the
z/OS environment.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* We are going out of business effective 30 December, 2013

* To purchase a set of our training materials at terrific prices,
  check out our Going Out Of Business Sale:

    http://www.trainersfriend.com/SpecialSale