Kirk,

Yes!  That excellent thread is what enabled me to get as far as I did and
produce my needed libcrypto.a library.

I've been through that thread multiple times in the last three weeks but I
don't recall a discussion of changing the ./Configure settings to produce
listing files for every source code module compiled during the make phase.

Do you know that there is a reference to listing files in that thread (in which
case I will go back through the thread again line by line) or was that a
reference to general topic equivalence?

Thanks!
Janet