On 6 November 2013 16:30, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
<shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net> wrote:
>    Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> said:
>
>>One of the shortcomings of PLO (unlike TBEGIN(C) ) is that PLO in
>>general  serializes only against other uses of PLO.
>
> I'd hardly label that as a shortcoming of PLO.

> CS only serializes agains CS,

It serializes happily against all the CS variations, TS, and the newer
interlocked-update instructions like ASI, LAA, and so on. And there
are cases where a simple ST or the like can interoperate usefully with
CS. For instance, if you update a counter with CS, it is safe to zero
it with ST.

Tony H.