Hi,

As promised, I finally figured out how to duplicate the JOB's MaxCC information
that currently goes out to TSO so that it can be sent via SMTP/eMail, or SMS
text message at JOB/Task end (or even during execution), to one, or any number
of users, located anywhere, without adding an extra step to each task or a
bunch of system mods or with JES exits like I did 20-odd years ago.

This means that you can decide "on the fly" not only who will get the
notification(s), but whether or not you want to send them at all.  You can base
your decision on the CC's you are dealing with, and can do "special" things
based on which steps got which codes or combinations of codes on various steps.
 The software is built to be quite flexible.  The eMail can be generated to be
sent (or not sent) to someone and/or to a group based on the task name, the
notify= userid, the job owner/creator/group, and/or can be dynamically
generated based on almost anything that is known at the time, (SYSPlexname/id,
LPAR, systemID, time of day, date, day of week, other jobs currently in
execution (or not in execution), and many, many more possible factors).

Just to make it better, not only is the MaxCC generated, but SyzMail/z also
provides the name of the step (and procstep) with the highest stepCC in the
eMail subject (which is already better than my old system mods or JES exits
ever were), PLUS it also generates (if desired) all of the STEP information
(condition codes, programs executed, etc.) within the text/body of the eMail
message, along with any other information that the site feels might be
important.

The software, tentatively called SyzMAIL/z, provides support for a lot more
than just the Max and Step CC's and step stats, but the beta will treat those
features as the main test.  I am currently looking for beta sites that are
interested in seriously testing the capabilities.  Those interested please send
me an offline email and I'll make sure you get a copy to test.  The Beta
version is initially limited to 100 JOB or Task-steps within each job, but the
actual released version will not have that limitation.

Those of you that are already running the Syzygy Automation products gain the
ability in this beta to dynamically build and send email (with attachments if
desired) from any of those products at any time, including the condition code
stuff.  So that when normal console or system events happen, you can collect
important information and send it via eMail to someone who can really help, (or
maybe just send an email to that operator who is on the internet 24x7 instead
of watching the console. :) ) Eventually, (within two to three months), I
expect to be able to have API's available so that any site-authorized task can
utilize SyzMAIL/z, but the hard parts are already being tested.

So, if you are seriously interested in testing it out, please send me an
offline eMail and I'll get you set up.  The beta will begin in December.

Brian Westerman
Syzygy Incorporated

Some general product information is provided on the Syzygy Web site (
http://syzygyinc.com/SyzMAILz.htm ).  The draft/beta manual will probably be
available by next week, but may be a little late due to the holiday break.

(This is not meant as a marketing blurb, but to be fair I thought I should
mention that the cost for the product, when it's made generally available for
purchase, will initially be in the $2k to $3K range (not the $5k listed on the
web site) as a stand alone product, and generally about 1/2 that price for
sites that have other Syzygy Automation software under license.  Those who
participate in this beta test will receive a further discount, but I honestly
don't know what that discount will be yet.  The product is priced quite low for
it's initial release and will probably remain low for the first six months to
year of it's existence.  Our normal pricing policy, which is per entire
mainframe box regardless of speed or number of engines, is that once you
license the software at a certain price, that we do not EVER increase that
license cost, so long as you use it on that same processor complex.  So,
getting it within the first year of it's existence is a good way to save
revenue.)