John McKown's jest contains an important truth [too].

I do not find APL at all difficult to read or to write, less difficult
because less turgid and verbose than COBOL.  My position, moreover, is
not an extreme one. There is an APL community that finds almost all
other languages wanting because they are not APL-like; and there is
asnother, non-overlapping one that sees the world through LISP-colored
glasses.

We are all creatures of our experience.  Worse, that experience is
very different for each of us, and consensus on what is best will
always be elusive.  Fortunately, we can often agree on what, of its
kind, is bad.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA