In <eqhp99hrteh41cg45872irb1a8ru18c...@4ax.com>, on 12/02/2013
   at 07:47 PM, Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com> said:

>On Sun, 1 Dec 2013 18:04:18 -0500 "Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)"
><shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net> wrote:

>:>In
>:><b6c1eb4364c30e47950e0f68ef65f467015...@proditmailbox1.us.syncsort.com>,
>:>on 11/30/2013
>:>   at 09:53 PM, "Blaicher, Christopher Y." <cblaic...@syncsort.com>
>:>said:
>:>
>:>>- Don't ever read data from a caller's address space when you are
>:>.not in the caller's key.

>:>MVCK

>MVCSK

MVCOS

>:>>- Don't EVER, EVER write data to a caller's address space when
>:>>you are not in the caller's key.

>:>MVCK

>MVCDK

MVCOS

The point being that there are half a dozen specialized instructions
that do the necessary key checking without any need to be in the
callers key; the particular instructions that are appropriate depend,
e.g., on the environment. MVCK was just a particular counterexample,
appropriate for some cases but not for others.