(Sorry for the previous noise message.)

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 14:29:17 -0500, John Eells wrote:

>As we look at various options for product delivery, it would be helpful
>to hear from people who fit one or more of these categories:
>
>1. You are using SMP/E RECEIVE ORDER *and* downloading IBM software
>products over the Internet from ShopzSeries directly to z/OS.
>
>2. You are downloading IBM software products or service over the
>Internet from ShopzSeries directly to z/OS but are *not* using SMP/E
>RECEIVE ORDER.  (In this case we would be interested in knowing why!)

Conspicuous by its absence is "3. Other".  E.g. using a desktop waystation
or ordering on optical media.  (Does anyone do the latter, nowadays;
I know my employer sees very little demand for physical media.  We may
have product contracts that commit us to delivering tapes.)

I suppose IBM has valid reasons for not predisclosing the "various
options".

What does IBM recommend that ISVs do?  I know that quite a while
ago I suggested in an RCF that the "Program Packaging" guide should
be less tape-centric.  Pubs took it as a valid suggestion, but I've
seen no result.

-- gil