At 16:37 -0500 on 12/10/2013, Peter Relson wrote about Re: Curiosity: TCB mapping macro name - why IKJTCB?:

I don't really know, but someone (I can't remember who) mentioned to me
something about this fairly recently.

By the way, IHARB is mentioned. It's in maclib. But there's also IKJRB.
That's in modgen. Some fields are in one, some in the other.

The IHARB in MACLIB is a general user macro while IKJRB in MODGEN is (or was) a SYSGEN STAGE2 Macro (MODGEN being used for Macros used by SYSGEN STAGE2 Assemblies). This type of split goes back to OS/360 days. I might be wrong but it might explain why there are two mapping macros.

It is possible that the IKJxxx mappings were created by TSO and then when
the operating system decided it needed them it took them over.
It's possible that they were related initially only to TSO usage so were
given a TSO prefix.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design