Thank David,
 I was attempting to create a separate directory/mountpoint and mount my target
version to the new location.. which is when i get the 79 EINVAL, which refers
to a root of an already mounted file system.. doesnt seem to like anything i
attempt. Never thought about making a copy of it somehwere else..  since my
/var is symbolic for /SYSTEM.. i wonder if i copy the contents into
/SERVICE/SYSTEM/var/wbem/  logs and repository subdirectories.. then if there
was maintenance applied.. when i IPL back to target to test maintenance.. copy
the updated back to the real target file.