My previous company went through a TS to RACF conversion back in '05. We engaged IBM to do aid the effort and based on my experience and results I would recommend them. There are other companies that can and would do this conversion so it might pay to shop around. I have known of a few (no doubt small) shops that tackled this themselves. It is theoretically possible to achieve this in-house.

I'd recommend assessing your own environment in view of the following potential variables.

1. How well does the present staff know RACF, meaning 'really' know RACF.
2. Assuming talent is present, does the present staff have the time?
3. How well does the present staff 'intimately' know the content of the Top Secret database? TS allows some liberties that RACF does not. Significant complications can arise.
4. Are the shop exit-free?  If not, is the author(s) still available?

Shooting from the hip, even with 4 'yes' answers above, I'd still hire it out.