I was trying to execute a batch cozsftp command using tcsh as the shell, and my dataset allocation (to send a file to an sftp server) kept on failing, either with an unable to stat DD, or when I attempted to allocate the dynamically allocate the dataset, that allocation failed due to it being already allocated elsewhere.

Eventually I realized that the cozsftp command was being executed in another address space, but I was unable to figure out how to get tcsh to execute that command in the original address space.

I eventually gave up and used the /bin/sh shell to run the batch job.

Is there a magic spell to use with tcsh to have the cozsftp command execute in the same address space?

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe...
The loud ones only take the credit.

Londo Mollari - Babylon 5