On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 17:15:23 -0500, Micheal Butz <michealb...@optonline.net>
wrote:

>I have been chaining the CDE entries looking for the executing program of the
>job step.

As Ed indicated, RBCDE from the oldest PRB in the jobstep TCB would be the CDE
you want, but I'm a bit puzzled why your subject line is asking about major and
minor CDEs. And I'll also comment that this may not be the program specified in
the JCL via EXEC PGM=, depending on what that program has done.

And, of course, this may not help you outside of a batch job step or STC. In
TSO or CICS, for example, the jobstep program is going to be the TSO TMP, and
in CICS it will be the CICS control program.

So I have to wonder what you're going to do with the information, and whether
you're looking at information that is actually going to be helpful for what you
really need. You might get more helpful answers if you explained a bit more
what you're trying to accomplish.

--
Walt